Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Inspiring Journey: Nikita from Dreamscape Studio

There so many women I know who do not seek celebrity or recognition but chose to positively help others and see how they can make a difference and chase it passionately. As we enter the season of giving I hope to focus a spotlight on inspiring women who are making a difference with their humble stories.

Today’s spotlight is on Nikita, a psychologist based in Chennai, who started a studio to empower women and college students…  it is a point of destination where a person can take a small powerful step towards a positive change.


Let’s hear more from Nikita herself and her journey                                                                                          
"My name is Nikita J Vyas. I am a Psychologist, a life coach, a blogger of “Dreamscape Studio”. Personally, I am an ardent lover of books. I enjoy reading, writing, an introvert (proud) and a dreamer. I believe in dreams and day-dream all the time. I find freedom in dreaming and that is what I wish for all my clients, freedom from self-limiting beliefs towards a more dream like life.
Journey as a psychologist
Psychology and Counselling witnessed a lot of changes from the time I graduated and fortunately its importance is being recognized and approached quite widely today. Psychologists are being recognized even in the corporate world. It was not very approachable a few years back and options for jobs were quite limited.
My journey as a Psychologist, began after my Under-Graduation. I completed my Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and went on to do my masters in Counselling Psychology followed by an M.Phil. in Psychology from Chennai. During my academic year I had the opportunity to work as a Clinical and School Psychologist, to attain first-hand experience.
Professionally I was a bit uncertain about my calling whether it was clinical or School or independent etc. Since I didn’t have a B.sc in Psychology not a lot of doors opened up for me. I had to work as a School Psychologist. Even though I was counselling clients independently and conducting training workshops on personality development and career planning for college students, I felt that my talent and creativity was quite limited. The places I worked concentrated on Business rather than Service. Enraged with the hypocrisy, unjust and politics I quit my job and decided to start my own service.

The birth of dreamscape studio
The idea of Dreamscape Studio, started with a blog and a series called “Dream Tales”, which featured stories of inspiring women (men sometimes) to encourage and motivate all those who needed a push. The series created a pathway for me to understand the use of creativity in my work and I decided to pursue Dreamscape Studio as a company.
The idea or the Vision of Dreamscape Studio is to provide Life Coaching to women to help them understand “Self-Awareness”. Self Esteem, Self-confidence, Self-Identity, self-love, self-respect, self-image are all the aspects to understand yourself better, a glitch or lack of awareness in either is responsible for unhappiness or failure.
I believe that Self Awareness works as the foundation for a successful life. The process of Self-awareness is not easy; however, it is quite adventurous and helpful in the long run.

Why only Women?
I am usually asked if I am biased toward my own gender and therefore have chosen to stick towards the upliftment of women. I don’t believe I am biased, as much as concerned. Being an Indian woman, I understand the pressure that we endure and even though women of India have come a long way, there are still many still in need for proper guidance and awareness. Especially if they are managing multiple roles.
Being in the healthcare and service industry it is important to focus more toward the people rather than Business. At Dreamscape Studio, the focus is toward people, keeping in mind their cultural, financial and social backgrounds. The sessions are tailor-made. Since each individual is unique so are their behaviours and thought-patterns.  
A Studio is a place of creation. A workshop to make something beautiful and creative. I wanted a space where people could come and redesign their lives by working on themselves, their behaviours and thoughts. Therefore, I decided to name it a studio rather than centre, my approach is unconventional and according to the needs of the client.
At Dreamscape Studio, what I truly wanted to accomplish or what I truly dreamed of, was to encourage women to become independent and enjoy their lives by improving their lifestyle. Dreamscape is a place where women can and feel unburdened from the pressure of society or from the limitations they feel they may have due to past experiences. This is a place where one can come and expect a change in them, a small but powerful step towards Self-awareness.
There is a thin line between counselling and life-coaching. I wanted to blend the two. At Dreamscape, guidance is given in the form of motivations, counselling to heal from the past and gradually move on to the present to dream for a better future.

Ways for people to reach out to you
To get in touch with me one can leave me an email (thedreamscapestudio@outlook.com)
Follow me on Instagram at – www.instagram.com/nikitajvyas
Follow the blog for various series and segments – www.thedreamscapestudio.wordpress.com

Words of advice for my readers
There is a saying I believe in, “Life never delivers anything we cannot handle”. Trust in life and its cues makes living so much more beautiful. And while you are at it, believe in your dreams as well. Dreams do come true, just because it hasn’t come true today doesn’t mean it never will. Be patient and fearless. Befriend your fear and weaknesses and shield yourself with your failures. "

No comments: