Monday, October 23, 2017

Home Tour: Residence of Gayatri Singh


Hello everyone! It’s my favorite segment for the day - Home tour time! Every home is different, with different stories to tell. And today’s home tour tells us a different story.

Gayatri Singh, a professional chef trained at the Culinary Institute of America, has opened her doors for us for a tour of her cozy apartment in Singapore. She has deep passion for interiors apart from food and you can see it in every corner of her gorgeous space. Her home is filled with beautiful artifacts and beautiful vignettes. She has collected interesting curios and décor accents as she travels the world. I love the way how she has struck a balance between traditional elements and global décor. And so effortlessly she manages to tie so many elements together.



Let’s hear more from Gayatri and have a virtual tour of her beautiful space.

Where do you get your inspiration for your home décor?

My love for interior designing started when I moved to Tokyo where the home designs are minimalistic yet elegant. I got inspired by the elegant and delicate Japanese decor as well as the places I traveled. Over the past 10 years I have lived in Tokyo, Boston, Hong Kong and now I am residing in Singapore. My decor style reflects the journey through those 4 cities with heavy emphasis on local tastes. 


What is your favorite décor style?

My favorite decor style is a bit of a fusion of Asian Vintage and Colonial Indian decor.




Your favorite décor accent.

There are many favorite accents but the most favorite one is the wooden ladder I found in a junk shop in Tokyo and bell metal hanging lamp I bought in India. 





Any tip for our home décor lovers out there?

I am no expert but the only thing I can advise is, try to find your style, your choice and then design your home. Don't clutter. :)












Thank you Gayatri for sharing your space with us!
Gayatri is a food blogger and I personally love her recipes and her gorgeous pictures. Please click here to browse through her recipes and here to follow her on Instagram.


All Images are copyrighted



2 comments:

Realvalue.in said...

Thanks a lot for sharing such a good source with all, i appreciate your efforts taken for the same. I found this worth sharing and must share this with all.
Flat in OMR

GST Courses said...

Very nice post. I merely stumbled upon your journal and wished to mention that I even have extremely enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. finally I’ll be subscribing on your feed and that i am hoping you write once more terribly soon!