Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Home Tour: Residence of Jessica Nickerson from Texas

Hello everyone!! I trust your week is going well and I am sure you can’t wait for the weekend to arrive. Well for me, besides looking forward to weekends, I can’t wait to share inspirations through beautiful home tours with you all. And now it’s time for another gorgeous home tour all the way from Texas. Jessica Nickerson and her husband have always loved styling their home, making it warm, inviting, pretty and yet functional. I loved everything they incorporated in this home. And you will notice there is a perfect balance between different styles like bohemian, country and vintage. I love the way Jessica has added character and charm to her space through different textures like wood and fabrics, thereby accentuating visual interest. Jessica is also the author of her blog “House Homemade” as she wanted to chronicle her DIY home projects to share her inspiration and ideas with everyone.

 
Let’s hear more from Jessica as she opens up her home for a tour

"We've lived in our house for 8 years and have changed pretty much every surface. Our big projects include kitchen and bathroom renovations and creating a more open floor plan and then other, smaller DIY projects that I talk about on the blog HouseHomemade.us

 I've always loved design and styling my house and any other I can get my hands on. Things are constantly changing in here but when I make or thrift almost everything, no project breaks the bank. That's important for me to help people to understand. You can love your house and make it a cozy, welcoming place without going to a store and buying all the things. It takes more time to make or gather pieces you love off of Craigslist or from thrift stores but the end result is so much more fun!

The dictionary wall is one of my favorites and the tutorial can be found on my blog.

What a brilliant idea... Click here for the tutorial


Houseplants are such an easy way to make your space more homely. Stick them in a thrifted hamper or basket for a more finished look.




I just recently redid our back porch with a craigslisted table and chair set.
  

My dad made our headboard and I made-over a quilt I already had, with dye. You can search my love of dye on the blog too.


Our 2 daughters share a room. The black wall helps the Antique blankets and the entire color stand out.

Make sure you check back or follow me on Instagram @househomemade for more money saving, homey-home creating kind of tips.

Thank you for having me, Rachel!"
 


Thank you Jessica for opening up your home and giving us a virual tour!! Looking forward to more inspirations through your blog and Instagram feeds.


All images are copyright Jessica Nickerson





 

No comments: