Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Artist of the month: Ana J.

I saw Ana’s work on instagram and her gallery was filled with endless appetite for beauty through her canvas and colours. I was instantly hooked on to her work. In her amazing art work she has infused the spirit of beautiful people and nature’s beauty. I love her attention to details and the way she fills each corner of her canvas, blending each colour so beautifully, filled with grace. Serenity oozes from each one of her art work with beautiful and calm colours. Ana is based in gurgaon and in her interview she shares her passion for art and beautiful thoughts.

Let’s view her work and hear more from Ana and her journey through art
 
 






 

 
A brief about yourself

I get up in the morning, sleep at night, and in between try to make this world a more beautiful and vibrant place to live in!

 
How did your journey as an artist begin?

When you have few hours to yourself, and you are all alone, there are just windows and doors to listen to you, and you know you are a quiet kind of a person, you know you have to give form and color to your thoughts and feelings before they die with you.  

How would you define art?

Art is too fluid a concept that it could be described in few words. If I had to put it simply, I would say Art is something that makes our life abundantly rich. Just look around yourself. The clock on your work desk, the way you arrange your food, your coffee mug, the way your bonsai is growing in the pot, the way creepers grow, the space between two flowers that grow side by side, all of it is ‘art’. Now just for a second visualize your life without this, how bare and lifeless it would be.

On another deeper/esoteric note, art is definitely not an end product that is a means of pleasure. Every piece of art is a place, a point in time, a phase in life where the viewer/observer meets the artist in thoughts, experiences, and feelings. So much so, that the viewer feels the thoughts that have been expressed were his own, and feels united with the artist in thought and mind.

 
What medium do you work on? And what's your inspiration for your artwork?

I do not restrict myself with medium. The objective is to express my thoughts and feelings, and the possibilities are endless.

However, on a more realistic and meaningful note, I use best quality art supplies for the quality and longevity of the artworks.

Inspiration can come from anywhere; it could be a bird in the sky, a cloud above my terrace, a walk in the garden, something I saw on the street, or an emotion too deep. And of course, the works of known artists are the treasure house of inspiration.

 
What is the most challenging aspect about your work?

Time is the most elusive aspect to my day. It is the most precious. Having uninterrupted, long duration of time and syncing it to the right energies even more.

 
What is your creative process like? And what keeps you motivated?

My creative process begins by centering myself, by withdrawing myself from all the worldly energies, and by creating a still in my environment. And after that it is all music, rhythm, fun and magical!

24 hours in a day, keep me motivated to make the most of them.

 
Have you had any exhibitions? What have you found to be the best way of getting your art noticed by buyers?

I have had some solo art exhibits at retail spaces. The response has been overwhelming.

I do not indulge too much in thoughts about selling art. I truly believe my purpose in life is just to create more art. And the rest of it will be taken care of by the good forces around me.

Having said that, I think the best way to get your art noticed is to create quality artworks.

 
Tell us a bit about your online shop.

It is not just an online shop; it is a philosophy, a belief, and a beautiful space, where you can enjoy “The Simple” in life!

At prettypinkpebbles.com you can pluck cherries, sleep on strawberries, run on rainbows, or simply wander aimlessly. And of course pick the piece of art that belongs to you!

 
Any tips or words of wisdom to aspiring artists who want to pursue a similar career.

Create more art.             

 

So if you love her work like I do, follow her on the following links
 
 
Enjoy her happiness project!
 
 
Images copyright Ana J.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Sims said...

Subtle and beautiful creations!

Ana said...

Dear Rachel,

Thank you so much for featuring me and my artworks on your beautiful blog!

Best wishes!

Ana <3