One can never go wrong with chocolate and coffee. This dessert is airy, fluffy, light texture and gave me a guilt free feeling when devouring it. And of course super easy to make with simple ingredients! This recipe is adapted from a beautiful food blog called Playful Cooking that is filled with beautiful pictures and great recipes. You need just 15 minutes to prepare and half an hour to chill. If you have a chocolate craving that’s hit you unexpectedly then what are you waiting for!!
And remember chocolate is good for your soul…
· 2 teaspoon gelatin powder
· 5 tablespoons hot water
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
· 2 tsp instant coffee powder
· pinch of salt
· 1 cup heavy whipping cream
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· In a bowl, mix gelatin with hot water and let it cool to room temperature.
· In a mixing bowl, add sugar, salt and sift cocoa powder plus coffee powder to it. Add whipping cream to the bowl and whisk at medium high until its stiff. Once everything is mixed well pour the gelatin mixture, vanilla extract and whisk to mix everything together. Spoon it to individual containers, cover it and refrigerate till its set.
· Serve it plain or add a dollop of whipped cream on top.
TipYou can add another teaspoon of coffee powder if you like strong coffee flavor.
Images are clicked by me