Sunday, October 6, 2013

Through my Lens: Fort Kochi

Fort Kochi is like an oasis in Cochin, away from the hustle and bustle of the city that caters to the backpackers and the luxury tourists.  It’s calm yet lively with lot of old historic places, restaurants and cafés, Churches,  Synagogue, beach, Jewish street with shops selling art, antiques and spices. I loved walking through the narrow streets with old buildings on both side and feeling the history of the place. 

Enjoy this culturally rich place through my lens!

Shopping Street
 
 
Spice market
 
 
 
Jewish Street
 
 
Antique shop
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
St. Francis Church, an old European church built in the 16th Century AD
 
 
 
 
Dutch Cemetery
 
 
 
Jewish Synagogue
 
 
 
Loved this beautiful house on of the streets in Fort Kochi
 
 
Most of the streets are adorned by beautiful trees
 
 
Images are clicked by me
 

2 comments:

Aditi said...

Beautiful captures... Unfortunately on my visit to Kochi, I walked through the streets at night...it had it's own charm then but the market was closed and couldn't enjoy the sights! Thanks for this photo journey!

Rachel said...

Thanks Aditi!!! Am glad you like the post :)